Saturday, May 7, 2011

Jesus demonstrated love...what is its trajectory when you launch it?

Many thanks to my friend Mael Disseau for making me think about the contents of this post.
The meditation of my heart for this week has been  inspired by Georg Gadamer and my reflections on the picture I came away with when I studied his work, Truth and Method, with Dr. John Sailhamer for a  few weeks in my last best days at SEBTS... God holds us responsible for those things He has embedded in us both personally (like the Knowledge of Good and Evil), and in us as a spiritual community (like "Love is spiritual warfare...it is not in the devil's arsenal!"). That's why Jesus was able to tell the biological sons of Abraham that they were sons of the devil (John 8:37-44); they had intentionally neglected and excluded resurrection from their "theology" (Hebrews 11:19). Even the Pharisees had become practical atheists and worse than pagans because they denied that Jesus IS the resurrection and the life and is NOT a system or process. Why do we keep trying to get Holy Spirit results out of legalistic endeavors? The devil can certainly haul that out of his arsenal....but it's useless to approach him with "show me the love."

No comments:

Post a Comment