Thursday, July 7, 2011

Jesus is Lord of Hosts...no demotion possible.

I was born in January, 1954.  Normal human gestation is approximately 40 weeks.  If you do the math, then it is impossible to trace my conception to a date before 1 April 1953.  As far as I am concerned, God had no dealings with me as a person, entity or being of any sort from the early months of 1953 to the first day of creation and beyond.
Now, why in the world am I writing about such things?  It has occurred to me that there are people that have a bizarre idea of reality which prompts them to feel that, since they NOW exist, then they have ALWAYS existed. This illusory feeling prompts some people to think that such absurd teaching as Calvinism -- the teaching that God preselected them before He created anything -- is a valid expression of the mode by which Jesus saves sinners.  The problem they don't want to confront in their theology is that it demotes Jesus from being God and establishes God as someone who never DOES anything.  The real God of the universe (His name is Jesus) gets dirty, sweaty, bloody, etc., in order to accomplish that which He desires.  If this is not true, then the cross is meaningless and Calvinism/evolutionism (think it through clearly and you can see that they are the same thing) is a valid expression of reality. In other words, Calvinist theology builds a picture of a god who is nothing more than everythingness = evolutionism.
I have limits and I did NOT exist before my biological parents activated that bizarre but wonderful invention of the Creator God to bring about a new person, circa April, 1953.  Years later, I found that my Heavenly Father had established a way for me to come into a relationship with Him through Jesus, His only begotten Son.  I met Jesus at the cross, a place He visited in the reality of 1st century Jerusalem and continues to meet anyone who wants to come to Him, so long as there is time. Revelation 10:5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment