Friday, September 2, 2011

Jonah lived in a special submarine...

Jonah 2

1 Now the Lord chose a huge fish that could swallow up Jonah and that is how Jonah came to be in the belly of the fish for three days and for three nights.

2 While he was inside the fish, Jonah prayed unto the Lord his God and this is what he said:

3          I called out unto the Lord from within my time of trouble
                        and he listened to me;
            From the very depths of Hell I hailed you.
                        You heard my cry for Help,
4          Since it was you who cast me down
                        into the depths,
                        into the heart of the sea;
                        (The flood of waters would not let me go.)
            all of your crashing waves
            and all of your rolling waves
                        washed over me.
5          That's when I heard myself say,            
            "Even though I cannot be in your presence right now,
            I will be able to feast my eyes on your Holy Temple again."
6          Unto the depths of my soul itself,
                        the waters surrounded me;
            In the heart of the great deep,
                        is where I drowned,
                            pressed to my brow,
                            the seaweed wound.
7          To the place where the mountains rest,
                        I sank that low;
            The doors in the lowest parts of the earth,
                        were closed upon me
                            by an eternal hand.
            But before my life slipped forever away,
                        You raised me up,
                            O Lord my God!
8          When my soul was shrouded within me,
                        I remembered the Lord;
            And I sent to your Holy Temple,
                        the offering of my prayer.
9 There are many who forsake kindness.
            The cause of this?
            Being all too ready to depend on lies.
10 But as for me?
            I will be singing God's praises,
            putting my tongue to good use,
               as I get ready to sacrifice and
               as I prepare to pay my vows:
            There is Salvation in the Lord!

11 So the Lord directed the fish and made him throw up at just the right place; and Jonah found himself on dry ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment